Querying SQL Server Fundamentals
|Training level||SQL Server Fundamental Courses|
|Duration||4 days - 16 hours |09:00-13:00 every day||
|Delivery method||Virtual Instructor-led Training|
|List price||450 Euro VAT excl.|
This is an introductory course in the SQL Server relational databases and T-SQL Language. As such it is a good starting point for gaining proficiency and experience in T-SQL (Transact SQL) and a first step in the SQL Server learning path. The main goal of the training is to introduce the use of the SELECT statement for creating simple to complex queries in a SQL Server Database. The training is developed with focus on gathering of hands-on experience.
The primary audience of this class are professionals in a role of Data Analyst, Data Scientists as well as all those who need to explore data in a SQL Server relational database. The main purpose of the course is to give students a good start in Transact-SQL language which is used by all SQL Server-related roles; namely, Database Administration, Database Development and Business Intelligence Development. As such, the secondary target audience for this course are novice Database Administrators, Database Developers and BI professionals who have no or very limited experience with T-SQL.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Basic understanding of relational databases.
- No previous experience with T-SQL is required.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the main components of SQL Server client server architecture.
- Understand and articulate the basics of the Relational Database Models
- Write a single table SELECT statement.
- Understand the JOIN clause to query multiple tables and produce meaningful and rich reports
- Write SELECT statements containing filtering and sorting.
- Understand the basic concepts for writing effective and well performing queries in terms of proper usage of the WHERE clause
- Produce aggregated reports using T-SQL aggregation functions and the GROUP BY clause
- Use CASE structure, SUBQUERIES and other approaches to create more complex queries
- Articulate and use WINDOWING cluses and functions
Module 1: SQL Server Overview
Module 2: The SELECT Statement
Module 3: Grouping and summarizing data in the SELECT result set
Module 4: Querying Multiple Tables
Module 5: Advanced techniques for querying data with SELECT statement
Trainer: Krasi Donchev
RESERVE YOUR SEAT
You have a question or you want to book now? Feel free to contact us!
Vili Koleva-Training Manager
M: +359 (885) 113 442