SQL Server Administration Fundamentals
|5 full days
|Virtual Instructor-led Training
|815 Euro VAT excl.
Click Tabs for Detailed info
The SQL DBA fundamentals class will teach you the basic but very critical concepts of SQL Server. The training is very useful both for beginners and more experienced students. It teaches them how to secure and maintain the databases in their organizations, how to respond to issues and critical database related events, and how to plan for backup and recovery. Students will learn configuration best practices and understand the reasoning behind them. They will feel more confident working with and managing and maintaining their SQL Server Instances.
- New specialists in role of DB Administrators/DB Developers
- Professionals working with other technology platforms, DB Specialists coming from versions earlier than SQL Server 2008
- DB Administrators who are willing to fill the gaps in their knowledge and build a good understanding of SQL Server product
- Install and configure SQL Server instances and databases
- Understand important SQL Server processes like logging, recovery, checkpoint, etc.
- Understand and optimize the I/O subsystem for a SQL Server workload
- Understand the structure of the database and the transaction log file
- Understand the role of system databases and especially the TempDB, how it is used and how to isolate its issues and configure properly
- Understand and configure the SQL Server security subsystem, configure levels of access to object properly and according to the requirements
- Understand indexes, their structure, types and use cases as well as how to check their health status and maintain them
- Understand backup and restore process and how it work to plan a proper backup strategy
Module 1. SQL Server Overview and Components, Management Tools
Module 2. Database Fundamentals
Module 3. Logging and the Transaction Log
Module 4. SQL Server Installation and Configurations
Module 5. Foundation of SQL Server Security Subsystem
Module 6. SQL Server Backup and Restore
Module 7. Index Fundamentals and DBCC CHECKDB
Module 8. Maintenance and Automation of administrative tasks
Module 9. Monitoring and troubleshooting basics and case scenarios
Next planned dates:
Trainer: Magi Naumova
RESERVE YOUR SEAT
You have a question or you want to book now? Feel free to contact us!
Vili Koleva-Training Manager
M: +359 (885) 113 442